Kansas Sand and Concrete, Inc.

531 N.W. Tyler
Topeka, Kansas 66608

Toll Free: 1-800-392-4577

Office: (785) 235-6284

Fax: (785) 235-0893

 

About Us

Kansas Sand and Concrete, Inc. has been an important part in the development of the State Capitol of Kansas. KSC has been located on the north bank of the Kansas River, in North Topeka since 1922, when it was founded by Fred and Otto Kuehne.

KSC started primarily as a sand producer who produces concrete. KSC has become a concrete producer who produces its own sand. Kansas Sand and Concrete was a Charter Member of the Kansas Ready Mix Concrete Association in 1957 and is also a member of the Kansas Aggregate Producers Association. In 1986, The Monarch Cement Company, Humboldt, Kansas, acquired controlling interest of the company and in 1997 became the sole owner of KSC.

Kansas Sand and Concrete, Inc. is currently one of the leading Ready Mix producers in Topeka, Shawnee County, and neighboring counties in Kansas. KSC has maintained a quality product and has been recognized by the Kansas Chapter of American Concrete Institute for various projects in Topeka for its efforts. A few projects that are recognizable are the new Signature State Office Building and the one million gallon storage water tank. Most recently KSC was involved with the Oakland Wastewater Treatment Plant that was completed in early 2006 and was a great success. Construction of the Topeka Boulevard Bridge over the Kansas River will begin construction in August of 2006 and will be completed in 2008.

Kansas Sand and Concrete, Inc. is unique as a Monarch subsidiary as the only ready mix plant that produces its own sand. In 2002, KSC revitalized its sand production with the addition of a Greystone Semi Portable Classification Plant. This plant is designed to separate and size sand particles creating sand that meets a desired specification.


| HOME | ABOUT US | OUR PLANT | OUR PRODUCTS | CONTACT US |
Copyright ©2015 by Kansas Sand and Concrete, Inc.